How to Get a Marriage License in the Bahamas
6 Easy Step to Getting a Marriage License in The Bahamas
If you are planning on getting married in the Bahamas, then you need to know, how to get a marriage license in the Bahamas, as a marriage license is one of requirement for getting married in the the Bahamas.
The good news is that getting a marriage license in the Bahamas is not difficult at all. So here are the 6 easy step to getting your marriage license in the Bahamas:
- Residency. You and your partner must be in the Bahamas at least 24 hours before apply for your marriage license. However, special provisions are made if you are on a cruise, as time spend in Bahamian waters helps to qualify your residency requirement.
- Visit the Registrar General Office in Nassau and Freeport or the Administrative Office on any of the family islands.
- Prove Identity. You will need to prove that you are who you say you are. And you can do this with an official passport issued by your country of residence or birth.
- Prove Eligibility. To get married in the Bahamas you must over age 18 and either single, divorced or widowed and you must be able to prove your eligibility. If you are single then you will need to swear an "affidavit of singlehood" before a Justice of the Peace in the Bahamas. Divorced, then you will need to have the original copy of your "Divorce Decree Absolute." And if you are widowed then you will need the original copy of the death certificate of your deceased spouse.
- Submit to an Interview. You and your partner must both be present when applying for your marriage license at the Registrar General's Office and be interviewed before your license is granted. No need to worry the interview is not a difficult one and you should do o.k
- Pay Fees. You will have to pay a marriage license fee of $100.00 and to get a certified copy of your marriage certificate after the wedding it will cost you $20.00. You wil also need your application notarized and that wil cost you $75.00.
There you have it 6 easy steps to getting a Bahamas Marriage License.
If you have questions or need help getting your marriage license, call or WhatsApp 1-(242)-395-8495 or simply CLICK ASK Glenn