Bahamas Marriage License
A Bahamas Marriage License is required for a wedding in The Bahamas
A Bahamas Marriage License is one of the requirements for anyone wishing to be married in The Bahamas and this marriage license is issued by the Bahamas Registrar General’s Department.
A Bahamas marriage license is valid for three months, so you would have to have your wedding withn that time.
Bahamas Marriage License Eligibility
The legal age of marriage in The Bahamas is 18 years. Watch the video below for for information on license eligibilty.
Bahamas Marriage License Application Process
- Complete an Bahamas Marriage License Application form, including notarization by a Bahamas Licensed Marriage Officer, then submit this form to the Marriage Registration Section of the Registrar General’s Department.
- Present a valid picture ID. A picture ID may take the form of a driver’s license or a passport.
- Participate in an interview if required:
- A Bahamian marrying another Bahamian is not required to be interviewed and the person performing the ceremony can sign the declaration.
- A Bahamian marrying a non-Bahamian must be interviewed by the Registrar General. The Registrar has to sign the declaration in this instance.
- Non-Bahamian applicants are interviewed by either the Registrars or any of the five designated Marriage Officers.
4. Once approved, a license is issued after payment of the $100.00 application fee.
Got Questions? Simply click Ask Glenn or Call or WhatsApp 1-(242)-395-8495